Monday, May 9, 2011

Another new venture





I'm also trying to learn how to draw. I bought a wacom bamboo a while ago, and am dedicated and then slack.

It takes years to be good. I know I need that discipline I used to have once again.

I am proud of myself for how well I have done for someone who cannot draw.

They may look like children's drawings - they are not. I always thought I lacked talent in any artistic endevour.

Now, I think I just lack skill but that will come with practice. Everyone is suggesting so many different ways to practice and I feel guilty when I want to do my own thing but I think I've realised that I need to do it my own way.

Everyone else has been properly trained. They recognised their skill from the beginning. They were encouraged with their artwork. I wasn't. However, I promised myself I would charge myself $1 for every sketch I did.. and once I'd done $127 then my tablet would be paid off.

I am not afraid to say Im a beginner. I am not afraid to show what most others would be ashamed of. For my skill level? I think these are great... thank you DA tutorials. But, the more I practice the more I shall improve.

That's what it really comes down to with anything.

No comments: